Slitherine Ltd. has been hard at work to bring us a new Battlestar Galactica game for the PC. It is developed by Black Lab Games and will be a 3D strategy game set in the Battlestar universe. Their Steam page teases that there will be new characters with some familiar faces, with a slight reveal to the storyline:
In Battlestar Galactica Deadlock™ you’ll take command of the Colonial Fleet in defense of the Twelve Colonies during the First Cylon War. Lead many different types of ships in this 3D tactical game. Every decision counts, your strategy will be vital – can you ensure mankind’s survival?
The expected date for this release is Summer 2017. Being a great fan of space travelling games like Homeworld and No Man's Sky, I look forward to this fleet constructing, space dominating strategy game that promises a decent storyline. Let's just hope that it succeeds better than its predecessors.
If you're excited for this release, be sure you have these minimum requirements:
- OS: Window 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64 bit)
- Processor: 2.0GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1GB NVIDIA Geforce 460/ATI Radeon HD 5770 or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: Broadband Internet connection for multiplayer required for Multiplayer