Survival mode has never been easy in Fallout 4, and now it's getting harder. Gamespot says Bethesda updated the beta version for PC players on Steam adding some cosmetic and even more difficult limitations to those wishing to survive in survival! Here's the list of what we can soon expect...
- Thirst, hunger, sleep, and disease icons will change color based on status
- Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
- Carry capacity lowered
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
- Reduced chances to getting a disease
- Fusion cores weigh more
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them
Possibly the most major change is the cutting of carrying capacity BY HALF. That's pretty damn substantial if you think about all the things you horde in your inventory! I'm curious to see how many people are actually up for the challenge on beating this mode!