IO Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are partnering together to bring Hitman back to retail stores soon.
After separating ways from Square Enix, IO Interactive has been an independent studio; now, the developer is currently working to release Hitman: Definitive Edition in May, which will be available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Definitive Edition will include the base game and the content released on Hitman’s Game of the Year Edition plus a few extras including:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle - Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- Hitman Season One (Main Game) - Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado, and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- Hitman Game of the Year Edition Content - Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- Hitman: Blood Money Requiem Pack - Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive, and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and the Hitman Game of the Year Edition.
In a press release, Hakan Abrak, CEO of IO Interactive said that:
“We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on Hitman and together releasing the Hitman: Definitive Edition to new players. Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”
Hitman: Definitive Edition will be released on May 15 this year. Currently, pricing was not announced. Lastly, IO Interactive is already working on the next installment in the Hitman franchise. Arbak said that the upcoming game has been making progress and that they’re excited about the features that they will be introducing to the franchise for the first time. As of now, no release date has been revealed for the new game, but the developers are hoping to launch sometime this year.