With the 2017 Christmas event coming soon for Pokemon GO fans to enjoy this season, it is amazing to find out that their latest update did way more than fix bugs and performances! In the latest official Pokemon Go Updates site, they listed what the latest update included. The very first note on the latest update is "50 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region can be caught."
While it may not be the whole list of new Pokemon from the third generation, I look forward to adding more Pokedex entries with those that have been added. Everything else being added from the update are:
- Real-world weather conditions are now reflected in Map View, in battle, and when catching Pokémon.
- Added a weather icon that can be tapped to highlight which Pokémon types are more likely to appear in the surrounding area and will be affected by current weather conditions.
- Added the beta feature to create battle parties that allow Trainers to save teams of up to six Pokémon to take into Gym battles and Raid Battles.
- Increased Pokémon Storage maximum to 1,500.
- Updated the battle interface to include a dedicated button for performing a Charged Attack.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
While I always love to get more strong dog-like Pokemon to build up my team, I think I am more excited to add Plusle and Minun to my collection. Which Pokemon are you looking forward to catching from the Hoenn region?