The ever-popular indie title from Team 17 known as The Escapists have a sequel coming up and the team has decided to show off some of the cool multiplayer aspects and scenery of the games location.
The Escapists 2 takes place in space on the USS Anomaly and will be available on Steam, PS4, XB1, and Switch with all features in tact on August 22nd! Check out the trailer:
Now, there is a difference with the Nintendo Switch as with that version of the game you will only be able to do two player split screen and four player online while all other platforms are able to handle four player split screen and multiplayer. Other than that, check out what The Escapists 2 features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players*
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customizations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft - Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
This sequel is looking to be just as amazing, if not better, than the original title and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Which platform will you favor?