The upcoming ninja game by developer Sabotage Studio called The Messenger was previously announced at Nintendo’s Nindies Showcase last March. Now, thanks to a listing at the Nintendo eShop, as spotted by Nintendo Everything, the release date of The Messenger has been confirmed to August 30 for the Nintendo Switch.
The Messenger will put players in the role of a young ninja tasked to deliver a scroll that would seal the fate of his clan’s survival. The game features a classic action-platformer gameplay that smoothly incorporates time-traveling for a fun and thrilling adventure. The eShop page of The Messenger also listed a few features that players can expect from the game.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra-tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker
The Messenger is slated to release on August 30 for PC and the Nintendo Switch.