The critically acclaimed Switch exclusive Octopath Traveler will soon be available to more players worldwide! Starting June 7, 2019 the game will be available on PC through Steam. No details have been given on if there will be any new content added to the game or if the PC version will get any exclusive settings. Octopath Traveler tells the stories of 8 different characters as they journey through the world of Orsterra.
Brief description of the game courtesy of Steam:
The award-winning RPG comes to PC!
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character's distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world
Octopath Traveler has been critically acclaimed for its wonderful use of 2D inspired 3D art and story telling making it one of the most unique RPG’s of the last few years. While I haven’t yet played it through myself I can’t wait to pick it up on Steam this June. Do you own the Switch version of Octopath Traveler and plan to also pick it up on Steam? Or do you plan to pick it up for the first time? let us know below!