Square Enix revealed in a recent press release the details of their upcoming Final Fantasy 14 companion app, as well as some information on Under the Moonlight patch, to be released this May and will explore the Stormblood expansion further.
The upcoming Final Fantasy 14 Online Companion App will enable players to: chat with their friends and free company members; plan events using the scheduler; organize inventory and armory chest; browse the Market board; buy and sell items, as well as register an additional favored destination, Aetheryte.
Players will be able to access the base app for free, but for those who want to take advantage of additional benefits can sign up for a premium version with a monthly subscription fee. The premium app will include a doubled capacity of the saddlebag, employ an additional Retainer, and the ability to organize saddlebags and Retainer inventories. The official companion app will be available for both iOS and Android devices. The release date is yet to be announced by Square Enix, however.
Regarding Final Fantasy XIV, Patch 4.3 will be introducing a new dungeon, several quests, a new raid, and a new expedition to The Forbidden Land, Eureka Expansion. You can check out the details of the patch from the press release below:
- New Main Scenario Quests - The story of Stormblood continues
- New Alliance Raid - The Ridorana Lighthouse
- New Trial
- New Dungeon
- New Beast Tribe Quests
- New Sidequests - The Four Lords, Doman Reconstruction, and Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Deep Dungeon - 100-Floor Heaven-on-High
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka Expansion - Pagos Expedition
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid - Ultima Weapon
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new more powerful gear and more
Under The Moonlight patch, 4.3 is slated to go live sometime in May. The free trial for Final Fantasy 14 is still available, which will let players reach level 35 in the game.