After the disappointing news that the Pokemon Go developers cancelled their demo at GDC 2016, we all the sudden get this footage of it supposedly being shown off at SXSW a couple days earlier...
The footage appears to be legit, although it's weird they cancelled GDC if they were far enough along to show a demo of the hardware. So what did we learn from the footage?
- Pokemon will be using their game screeches and not saying their names.
- The AR looks similar to the kind found on the 3DS.
- It doesn't look like you have the option to battle wild Pokemon, although it has been said you can battle friends with your captured Pokemon.
- The game plays like Ingress in which you have to travel to locations to spot wild Pokemon.
- Your location depends on what type of Pokemon you will have the opportunity of catching.
This kind of sucks for those of us who have limited types of scenery! I guess if nothing else though it'll be interesting when certain regions have an influx of type of Pokemon! What are your thoughts?