A Forgotten World
Nothing, and I mean nothing, can match the excitement of gaming, watching flicks, or bumping your latest music tracks with a quality sound system. In an ever-increased mobilized world of audio and video, for some, high quality audio is a shrinking market. I myself used to have the highest quality audio in my car for example but as of late, as a seemingly older man, the stock speakers suffice. Also, in PC gaming, it seems that headphones and headsets are all the rage, leaving the speaker market, especially 5.1 sets, rare in the update department. In a world where soundbars are becoming more popular, it's a strange world for audiophiles...
Z906 to the Rescue!
I'm happy to say, that despite some down turns in the speaker space, on the flip side, we've never had more access to such high quality home audio in the theatre space but also, some classics just don't need to be tweaked. For example, the Logitech Z906 is absolutely stunning in every regard and even though it's been out for years, the THX Certified system pumps out crystal clear highs, incredibly deep lows and depth that is nearly unmatched for the price. After testing dozens of headsets and headphones as of late, it was sheer joy to crank these babies and let the neighbors suffer. Gaming especially was heart pounding compared to some of the soundbars and other dinky sets I've been playing with. If you are in the market for some 5.1 speakers, look no further.
- Frequency response: 35Hz – 20kHz
- 500 watts (RMS) total power (Subwoofer 165 watts, Satellites 335 watts)
- Maximum SPL: >110 dBC
- Signal to Noise ratio, A-weighted: >95dB
- 8-inch high-excursion ported driver (side-firing)
- 6th-order bass reflex enclosure
- Class D amplifier
- 3-inch polished aluminum phase plug drivers
- 67 watts per satellite
I/O, Controls and Programming
- Source inputs: Digital Coaxial, Digital Optical (2), 6-channel direct (3 x 3.5mm), Stereo (RCA), and Analog stereo-mini (3.5mm)
- Supported digital formats: Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Sound
- Stackable control console with headphone and Aux inputs
- Satellites (five)
- Stackable control console
- Remote control (three AAA batteries included)
- 18-gauge speaker wires (3 x 15ft, 2 x 25ft)
- 6-channel direct input cable
- User documentation