After teasing an announcement on its website yesterday, it has been revealed that Evolve will begin a free-to-play model. Eurogamer says the beta for PC players will begin today, and the console version will come down the line. Developer Turtle Rock promises fixes to features of the game such as...
- Reworking the hunter classes to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics.
- Making improvements to the maps and UI.
- Improving load times, overall performance, and getting you into the game faster.
- Focusing on improving stability and fixing bugs.
- Completely reworking our progression system and tutorials.
- Adding more customization options.
Perhaps the best news is that all DLC (which was previously available behind convoluted paywalls) will now be possible to unlock for free. The option to still purchase is there, but if you are someone who already owns Evolve you will get to keep everything you already own for free.
I'll play Evolve for free! What about you?