If you've been following the game news network, you should be very clued up on the games that are expected to be released during this week. Take this as a quick recap; humor us and pretend that you never knew. If you haven't been keeping up to date (or if you really are pretending not to know - thank you for being a teamplayer), then let us inform you quickly.
Join Lock, engineer and architect, as you defend as you defend your homeland against robot invaders. You will be able to use various materials to build your fortress in order to keep them out. This is a remastered edition of the original 2008 Nintendo DS game. Here are the key features:
- Place Kingdom Force units to defend your capitol in a brand new Endless Mode - Antonia Defense;
- Build up your fortifications each day to defend against a timed Clockwork assault. Use dozens of Turrets, Traps and Helpers to stop the advance;
- Adapt your building and battling strategies as you access new materials and as your enemy's intelligence evolves;
- Fight alongside your defenses, using context sensitive Special Attacks, and devastating Super Attacks, which impact a wide range of enemies;
- Unlock the secrets of Kingdom Force and the Archineers via an engrossing story with a multi character cast, told via hand drawn cinematics and cutscenes.
Expected price: $19. Available for pre-order on Amazon. Release date: 30 May 2017. Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC.
RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM
This follows the 2013 Rising Storm, moving the war to Vietnam. Here are the main features:
- Red Orchestra Series' take on Vietnam;
- 64-player MP matches;
- 16-player Skirmish;
- M16, M79, Hueys and Attack Helicopters;
- the AK, Double-Barrel Shotguns, Toe-Popper Mines, Tripwires, Tunnels and more;
- Brutal. Authentic. Gritty. Character customization;
- And napalm in the morning.
Expected price: $22.49 . Available for pre-order on Steam. Release date: 30 May 2017. Platform: PC
Travel through the blind eyes of Cassie as you use echolocation to determine your surroundings and escape any nearby threats. As if working your way through the terrifying dark wasn't bad enough, you have to do it without proper sight.
- "See" using echolocation. Every sound creates a visual.
- Engage in a deadly game of hide and seek with relentless enemies, including The Presence.
- Trigger radical change at the Estate at Echo Bluff each time you solve its mysteries.
- Travel back through history to exorcise your own nightmares.
Available on Steam. Release date: 30 May 2017. Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One.
HOVER: REVOLT OF GAMERs
Join the gaming rebellion as the Gamers take to the streets against the Mayor of Hover-City. The Mayor has prohibited games of any kind, and you need to use your parkour skills to take on this dictatorship.
- An amazing City: Hover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Full Open World: Experience total freedom. Explore the city from its skyline to the underground while doing “parkour”, tricks and high-speed races.
- Build your team: 10 playable characters are available to unlock. Improve their skills to create the perfect team. You can also customize their colors.
- Various Gameplays: The core action is based on nervous races and amazing tricks but the game also offers many alternative ways to play from stealth missions to sport matches with friends.
- Choose your experience: Instantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- Create your own challenges: Without leaving the game, use a very simple editor to create your own challenges playable solo or multiplayer.
- Crazy movements: Equipped with high-tech suits, gamers are able to run at crazy speed, slide, bounce, push off walls and realize incredible jumps. As many ways to play with the City's verticality and escape the police.
- Tricks and combos: Demonstrate your skills by realizing grinds and crazy tricks and prove you are worthy to become one of the Resistance's leaders. During a multiplayer mission, realize incredible combos to generate Stunning Auras which will lower your opponents' moral and boost your allies' statistics.
- Experience, skill grid and chips: Gain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your Gamers. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- Online multiplayer: Join your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in race, events or scoring battles created in real time by the community.
Expected price: $19.99 . Available for pre-order on Steam. Release date: 31 May 2017. Platform: PC
THE CULLING (XBOX ONE VERSION)
Ever wanted to be part of a game-show, of sorts, where you compete to kill each other until only one survives? Well, you sadistic gamer, you're in luck. This game originally came out on PC, and will now be downloadable for the Xbox One. For 20 minutes, 16 online contestants can craft and scavenge as they hunt to kill each other.
Release date: 2 June 2017. Platform: Xbox One
Most probably the most anticipated game among the lot, we've saved the best for last. The game celebrates Tekken's 20th anniversary with upgraded graphics, controls and fighters.
- Includes the Eliza Character DLC
- Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, Tekken 7 sets a new benchmark for graphical fidelity for the fighting game genre, pushing the new generation of console hardware and PC visuals to the limit.
- Hollywood-like, over-the-top cinematic action sequences blend flawlessly into fierce battles.
- Select characters from an impressive roster of fan-favorites and all-new fighters, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves and combos
- Street Fighter's Akuma flawlessly transitions into the 3D space and joins the fray in an epic franchise mash-up complete with all his shoto-style moves and fireballs.
Let us know if you pick up any of these new released and what your experience it.
Sources: IGN; Steam; Amazon