The Game Awards 2017 Guide: The Presenters, The Nominees, And How To Participate

[Update-10:55am, Dec. 5] It has just been announced via Twitter that Norman Reedus will join the list of presenters for the show. If this doesn't guarantee a Death Stranding update then I don't know what will. 

Andy Serkis who famously played Gollum in Lord of The Rings, and Caesar in Planet Of The Apes will also join as a presenter. 

Original Story:

One of the biggest nights recognizing all the great games of the year is happening soon. On December 7, the biggest award show for video games, The Game Awards, will be live in the Microsoft Theatre at Los Angeles, California starting at 5:30 PM LA time. The show’s creator and host, Geoff Keighley is also teasing that the sixth entry to an “insane franchise” will be revealed in the event, there will be a 30-second preview to present and announce the game, and some will love it, and some will not, and that is all the information he is giving to us right now. Keighley also promised that the event will reveal some of the most highly anticipated games of popular franchises. So expect huge announcements during the show.

Check out all the details of the event below and know how you can participate and vote for your favorite games. 

Who Will Be Present In The Event?

A lot of A-listers in the video game industry from players to game developers, will be attending the event. The Game Awards will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, and he will be joined by numerous presenters: Guillermo Del Toro, Hideo Kojima, Felicia Day, Aisha Tyler, and Zachary Levi, with a special performance by Tina Duo together with The Game Awards Orchestra. 

People are excited with the event especially with the presence of Del Toro and Kojima. We all know about Kojima’s upcoming game Death Stranding, which was surprisingly absent during this year’s E3. We also know that Del Toro is somehow involved in the project so it’s not a stretch for us to hope that they may be able to give details about the game.

Who Are The Nominees?

There are 29 categories in the awards show with many of our favorite games nominated for the award. On top all those is the highly coveted Game Of The Year, which is the highest award a video game can receive in the event. Check out the nominees for GOTY below: 

  1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, Nintendo
  2. Super Mario Odyssey, Nintendo
  3. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, PUBG Corp.
  4. Persona 5, Atlus
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn, Guerrilla Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment

You can check out the full list of nominees on all categories here. So in case you’re wondering on who decides the winners, the games are awarded through voting, where an international jury accounts for 90% of the vote and the remaining 10% is through public voting. 

How Can I Vote For My Favorite Game?

You can vote for your favorite game through the Game Awards website, or through Google Search Voting. For the latter, simply type "The Game Awards" on your Google search engine, and a list of nominees will appear where you simply click the game you want to vote for per category. 

How Can I Watch The Event?

The event will be held at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles and if you want to see the show front and center, you can purchase tickets here. Otherwise, the show will be live-streamed worldwide on all digital, gaming, and social platforms. Check out the airtime on some locations down below: 


We will be covering the event in case you won't be able to tune in to keep you updated. Are you excited for this year’s Game Awards? Who do you think will win Game Of The Year?









No author bio. End of line.