The Japanese gaming magazine, Weekly Famitsu, released an article today talking about the upcoming "Part 1" of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. In the article we learned that they have been working closely with the Kingdom Hearts team to really polish the new battle system. (I'm totally cool with that. Kingdom Hearts II has one of the best action battle systems ever!) Along with that bit of news, Square Enix went into detail on the current state of the game and what we can expect from the final release.
- Expanding on the story of Biggs, Wedge, Jessie and the founding of AVALANCHE
- Online capabilities are still in early development, but being seriously considered
- The scenario for Part 1 is totally complete
- The game is being developed in Unreal Engine 4 under the guidance of the Kingdom Hearts III team
- Cloud's hallucination scenes will delve even deeper into his back story
- Most of the Advent Children voice cast will be returning
- The Limit Break system is being expanded on, and a new unique system will coincide with it that has yet to be announced
That is a lot of cool new information for one of next year's most anticipated releases! I am in the group of fans that is very excited to see all the new changes. I loved the original Final Fantasy VII, and have been longing for a return to Gaia. I'm sure whatever Yoshinori Kitase and his team at Square Enix have planned is going to blow us all away.